Small Format Digital Press Operator
The Small Format Digital Press Operator, reporting to the Digital Press Supervisor, is responsible for producing high quality digital print products utilizing cut-sheet high-speed digital production printers. The Small Format Digital Press Operator will work with the Team Lead, Small Format Print and the Pre-press Supervisor to prioritize work requests and ensure that projects are completed on time. This individual will generally be in charge of producing black-and-white and color copies in a range of sizes. This requires knowing about all of the specific unique calibrations and features of each digital machine. The person in this position may even expect to master several different machines, and handle basic maintenance for them as well.
- Ensure that production work in the area is conducted in a way that utilizes the right materials to produce a high quality result
- Have a sense of urgency and respect for customer orders along with a desire to meet requested turnaround times. Time sensitive projects are proactively managed to meet the required deadlines.
- Continually monitors print quality by reviewing work as it is printed. Immediately bring any quality issues/problems to management's attention.
- Use of the job monitor feature in the PACE system to ensure incoming orders into the Production Departments have adequate time to be completed, or in the event that a job cannot meet the expected timeline or is delayed, that the customer care or the sales team is notified as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Quality Control process throughout the Production Departments, trying to maintain an unwritten rule of ‘100% Correct All of the Time’.
- Have a sense of urgency and respect for customer orders along with a desire to meet requested turnaround times.
- Assist in the continued development of Production Department procedures.
- Maintain consistent communication within department, including but not limited to, team leads, team members, Bindery, Customer Care.
- To ensure that if work needs to go to another production department that it arrives in a timely fashion in order to give the other production department adequate time to complete its’ tasks.
- Maintain a Quality Control process throughout the Production Departments, trying to maintain an unwritten rule of ‘100% Correct All of the Time’
- High school diploma or GED is a requirement.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset. Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of the operation of various print engines including, but not limited to Xerox, Ricoh.
- A good understanding of color theory and the ability to edit colors within a digital environment to ensure color accuracy is maintained throughout the production process.
- Must have strong Working knowledge of a variety of production digital printing equipment and Fiery front end RIP technology.
- Must possess solid organizational skills. Must be able to effectively multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be flexible to accept various assignments within the print environment (e.g., running different jobs/equipment, learning to utilize new equipment, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of print production color theory and be able to effectively calibrate digital production printers to make adjustments to match printed output to client requirements, approved samples, and/or pantone colors.
- A solid understanding of computers and office equipment is a requirement.
- An advanced understanding and working knowledge in the current version Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat,
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and other design software which may be used on site, would be considered an asset
- Strong ability to remain organized and manage multiple projects and duties
- Skills to be detail-oriented are a requirement.
- Strong fluency in English written and verbal skills is a requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
- How many years of Digital Print experience do you have?
- Are you in Edmonton, AB?