Signage Pre-Press Operator
The Signage Pre-Press Operator is appointed by, reports to, and is responsible to the Signage Manager for the proper interpretation of assigned duties and responsibilities. The Signage Pre-Press Operator may delegate part authority to an employee, but cannot divert from the final responsibility for employee performance within the scope of this job function. The Signage Pre-Press Operator must facilitate an environment that promotes a positive atmosphere where the ultimate goal is providing high quality and efficient service to the customer base of West Canadian.
- Print job utilizing Adobe Creative Suite
- Installation guides and mock ups
- Modify client files as directed
- Taking concepts provided and executing to proofs and working/production files
- Modify colors to ensure print accuracy
- Produce PDF proofs and send to clients
- Check documents for accuracy
- Reviewing job ticket information for accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED is a requirement.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of the operation of various print engines including, but not limited to, eco-solvent, latex, UV, LED, roll to roll and flatbed, and routering and cutting technologies.
- An advanced understanding and working knowledge in the current version of Adobe Creative Suite(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Microsoft Office, and other design software which may be used on site,
- An intermediate understanding of network traffic, network printers and data management.
- A good understanding of colour theory and the ability to edit colours within a digital environment to ensure colour accuracy is maintained throughout the production process,
- Proven problem solving skills in a fast paced environment.
- A solid understanding of processes and workflow in a large format print environment, 2 plus years’ experience would be preferred.
Cultural Value StatementTrust, Honesty, Dependability, Respect, Teamwork
Excellence – Customer Experience and Quality beyond expectation
- Take the opportunity to make a customer’s day
- Have the right product in the right place at the right time
- Show pride in your craft
Communication – Be clear, concise and consistent
- Listen with the intent to understand
- Ask if you are not sure
- Be open-minded
- Share your knowledge
Integrity – Do the right thing, even when nobody is looking
- Take accountability for your actions and reactions
- Be honest and ethical in everything you do
- Align your actions with your words
Teamwork – None of us are as good as all of us
- Step outside of your role to help one another
- Support the team – “I’ve got your back”
- Be accountable to customers and co-workers
- Win and lose as a team
Energize – Be creative, have fun, celebrate success
- Be Empowered
- Take initiative
- Seize opportunities
- Be curious